It has a fun and well-balanced early game but much less in the way of the end game. I strongly encourage you to play through it for a while before reading any guides.
It's immediately obvious that this isn't an English-first app, but given how few great games currently fill this genre, I consider it worth a play. I did not feel the same way about its successor, Re:Level2.
Mid-End Game Guide
It took me a long time to understand this game, and in many ways I still don't. If there are good resources out there, I don't know where to find them. There is a sparsely populated wiki but that's it.
Firstly, I don't know the best places to farm. Every zone in the Volcano seems to drop HP Gem +4. Monsters in UnderFall seem to drop commons. Infinite Tower rarely drops random commons. I haven't gotten any of the bosses to drop items yet. Lottery hasn't given me anything worthwhile yet (gold or hourglass).
Instead, the optimal source of weapons and armor seems to be PvP. At any level, you can usually find a few players on your combat board carrying one or two Rainbow (5 star) items. Thus, I propose my game strategy below:
- Save your hourglasses, don't spend them except 1-2 Rare lotteries whe first starting
- Play the game normally until you have ~30 days per play and can sprint to a lvl 8000 zone and farm it
- Choose an accessory to farm. 'Cosplay' from DeathDesert 8,230 or Exp Core 4 / Gold Core 4 from 'Deep Cavity' 7650 / 8000 are both good locations. Go there and spend all your days farming. Focus most of your stats on ATK and SPD.
When you die, equip your best items and go start a battle. Pick someone with 1 or 2 5-star items and fight them.
- If you win, great. Maybe you got an item.
- If you lose, the game will tell you whether you'd get an item if you won AND you can spend an hourglass to keep fighting until you get the item. This is a good use for hourglasses. If you have enough ATK, you should win after 1-2 revives unless you picked someone who is too hard. Get your 5 star item.
- At some point, when you have 5-star weapon and armor, plus some ranks of Cosplay and Exp gem, you can plan on doing an Infinite Castle run. This will take 2-5 hours of game time, so I don't really recommend it.
AppendixThis section contains my notes on various topics.
- The drop rate seems to be around 2% per kill.
- The drops are the same as a single normal lottery. I have never seen a rare item.
- Enemies grant about 70 exp per level.
- Gold per kill grows quickly until it hits 100k per kill then growth becomes very slow. It looks like you only get 1% of the excess over 100k when gold drops. Gold Core +4 only adds about 4k, for example instead of 40k like I'd expect.
- Every floor adds 15k levels
- Normal lottery pulls from a weighted set of 1, 2 and 3 star items (lower star items are more common).
- Rare lottery works the same way on 3, 4 and 5 star items (again, heavily weighted towards the low end).
- Approximately 1 in 40 times, a 1x or 10x normal lottery will get upgraded to a rare lottery for free.
- Given that, you could say an hourglass is worth around 4 million gold.